Do you know that more pets get lost or go missing over the week spanning the 4th of July than at any other time of the year? We have 5 tips to help keep your pet safe and for you and your furry friends to have a safe and happy 4th of July.
1. Always make sure your pet is wearing a collar with ID tags. This includes your indoor cats. Make sure your contact information is up-to-date. This is one of the easiest ways to ensure you’re contacted if your pet is found.
2. Make sure you have vet paperwork or license information handy. If your pet is taken to a shelter you’ll need to show proof of ownership. Photos are great but most shelters want paperwork as proof of ownership. Having vet records or copies of your pet’s license will help you get your pet back to you faster.
3. Microchips are one of the best ways to make sure your pet will get returned to you. It’s your job to make sure your contact information is up-to-date so you can be contacted if your pet is found. The microchip is only as good as the information you provide.
4. Keep your pets inside, only letting your pups outside on a leash for potty breaks. You never know when neighbors will set off fireworks in their backyard, scaring your pets out of your yard and into unfamiliar territory.
5. Do your pets a favor and don’t bring them to fireworks shows. They don’t enjoy them and pretty much terrify them. If your dog gets loose and runs off in a panic they are far away from anything familiar.
Your pet will be much happier at home with their favorite things and comforting surroundings.
We hope everyone, people and pets, enjoy a safe and Happy 4th of July.
Meet Ollie, our Lollypop Farm Pet of the Week.
Ollie is a handsome 11-year-old cat who is looking for a new home! He came to Lollypop Farm because someone had an allergy in his previous home. Ollie is a sweet, calm senior kitty who loves a good cat nap and a cuddle! He is available through the Seniors-for-Seniors program and can go home with an approved adopter 60-years or older for free. Stop by Lollypop Farm to meet him today!
We spent Memorial Day Weekend on the coast of Maine near Portland. If you’ve never had a chance to visit Maine, you need to make it happen. It’s a beautiful state and the coast is breathtaking.
I’ve already shared this adorable pic of my smushy faced Snuffy on Facebook and Instagram. It’s my new favorite so I’m sharing it here too.
The weather was beautiful this past weekend and Snuffy got some outdoor time. I was weeding and I guess he was trying to help.
He sure does love his leash and going outside to explore. Our other cats aren’t as cooperative so they don’t get outside. That’s why we’re thinking of building a catio!
We’ve already figured out where it will go but it will have to wait until the garden project is done. Then we’ll see about the catio.
Don’t forget that June is Adopt A Cat Month at Lollypop Farm! Cats 7 months or older are 50% off their regular adoption fee and senior cats are free!
Meet Brock, our Lollypop Farm Pet of the Week!
Brock is a handsome 10-year-old cat who is looking for a family! He came to Lollypop Farm as a stray, and now he’s ready for a home of his very own. Brock is a calm, distinguished, senior kitty who loves a good nap and a scratch under the chin. June is Adopt-A-Cat Month! Now through the end of the month, visit Lollypop Farm to find 50% off all adult cats, and free senior cats like Brock. Stop by Lollypop Farm to meet him today! Learn more: www.lollypop.org/cats
June is my favorite month. It will be strawberry season in a couple of weeks and that means strawberry shortcake. It’s also my birthday month and Adopt A Cat Month, except I won’t be adopting any cats. We have enough at our house already. That means more kitties for you!
Jezebel can be a little cranky and isn’t good at sharing. She wouldn’t appreciate another cat in the house. She barely tolerates the ones she’s known her whole life.
For the entire month of June, Lollypop Farm is having a cat adoption special. If you are thinking about adding another cat to your family, now is the time!
Bing is our Lollypop Farm Pet of the Week!
Bing is a handsome 10-year-old cat who came to Lollypop Farm as a stray. He has the most mesmerizing eyes! Bing is an independent fellow who loves to take cat naps and explore, and when he’s ready, come to you for attention! This dignified senior is available through the Seniors-for-Seniors program, and can go home with an approved adopter 60-years or older for free. Stop by Lollypop Farm to meet Bing today!
It’s Mother’s Day Meow Monday! I hope everyone had a Happy Mother’s Day and that includes cat moms. Our pets are family too.
These two don’t always get along. Jezebel often bullies poor old Snuffy and other times she’s nice. I managed to get this photo of the two of them enjoying the sunshine together, but it looks like Snuffy is keeping his eye on her.
For the most part, they all get along but they do have their moments.
If you’re a cat mom or want to become a cat mom now is your chance! Lollypop Farm is having a cat adoption special.
Through May 20, 2019, you can adopt a kitten for $30 or an adult cat for $10. Sounds like a great deal to me!
According to my husband, I can’t bring home any more cats, so I just encourage everyone else to adopt one. If you want to adopt two, that’s fine too.
Meet Katia, our Lollypop Farm Pet of the Week.
Katia is a 7-year-old calico cat who is looking for a new home! She came to Lollypop Farm as a stray, and now she’s ready for a family of her own. Katia loves to stretch out on a comfy blanket for a cat nap, and get lots of scratches and attention. Now through Monday, May 20, her adoption fee is only $10 during the Future #CatMoms adoption special! Katia is also available through the Seniors-for-Seniors program and can go home with an approved adopter 60-years or older for free. Stop by Lollypop Farm to meet her today! Learn more: www.lollypop.org/cats