Random Tuesday Thoughts

Keelyat The Un-Mom started Random Tuesday Thoughts and we thought we would join in the fun. Stop by her blog and check out her awesome randomness.

Elle

Last week I discovered that nobody else has ever heard of Kimba the White Lion. Anne, from Small Town Mommy put it very nicely when she asked if maybe I was a teeny bit older than her. I don’t know about that, but I prefer to think of myself as hipper than all of you and just up on my Japanese Anime.

J-Man has been obsessed with unlocking all the characters on Mario Kart Wii lately. For days he’s been trying to get Baby Luigi and I’ve been helping him way more than I want. So tonight I “helped” him get Baby Luigi. He was soooo excited and I was feeling pretty proud of myself. I said to him “You’re pretty lucky. Not every mom helps their kids with video games.” He looked at me and said, “Ya, most other moms have lots of work to do.” So there you have it. He’s just like his dad in sooooo many ways.

You know, you never think about your thyroid until it goes whacky. That’s the medical term…Whackyrama Thyroiditis and I have it. It’s such a fun rollercoaster of hormones. It was up and I lost a bunch of weight…great! But the side effects of rapid heartbeat and heart palpitations, tremors and super anxiety weren’t so much fun. Now it’s back down. Unable to lose a pound, freezing cold, extreme fatigue, brittle hair, all fun too. So, I’ve taken meds for Hyper Whackyrama Thyroiditis and now for Hypo Whackyrama Thyroiditis.

We’re going through a “Simplification” process at work. They’ve decided that we don’t need scrap paper anymore, their reasoning is it’s all on the computer. Except it’s a little hard when you answer the phone and there’s nothing to write on. Hello! I’m a mom, which means I have Mom Brain. I can’t remember things anymore. Also, we’re only allowed 3 pens per station. It’s even labeled, “Max 3 Pens” WTH? Who gets to be the pen nazi? What happens if we have 4 pens there? I think they put a rabid raccoon in your car while your working and then even someone with Mom Brain won’t forget that you can only have 3 pens.

Stacy

I have constant random thoughts throughout the day, but I’ve come to realize that when I need to recall them to write them down for this post, I cannot for the life of me remember them!  Just call me Dory!  I used to be a big fan of “The Real World”, I was until I became a grown-up and had to live in the REAL REAL WORLD.  I cannot stand to watch these whiny, crying, drunk, slutty, useless teenager/young adults that they find.  All they do is drink, have sex, and then cry because their life is so hard.  HELLO ?  I think MTV needs to take them out of their parents home, put them in a fully mortgaged house, with children, bills, jobs, then make them get laid off and figure out how to live.  That my friend is the REAL WORLD

Have you noticed that McDonald’s Filet of Fish commercial gets stuck in your head every time you see it?  If you live in a cave and have not seen it yet, it is a fish on a wall singing “Give me back that filet of fish”.  It’s funny the first time you see it, unless you are under the age of 12, then it’s funny every time you see it.  I find myself singing that song throughout the day.  Damn you McDonald’s!!

I live near a Hannaford Supermarket, it’s a new one, maybe a few months old.  The people there are SUPERnice!  I don’t mean a little nice, I mean Stepford, Robotic, way too super happy to be working at a grocery store nice.  Even my youngest will not go to the store with me, he will ask, “you’re not going to that crazy nice store are you, cuz those people freak me out”.  They freak me out too, and I’m not 8 yrs. old.

Don’t buy name brand jeans at Walmart.  This isn’t really a random thought, more like a cautionary tale.  I bought a pair of L.E.I. jeans at Walmart for $8.00.  Apparently the third world sweatshop that makes them is cutting corners, because my whole ass backside ripped open at work!

And speaking of me ripping my jeans…when people heard that I had they would say, “turn around, let me see”.  Which I would and then they would gasp!  Why did everyone feel the need to see, and why the hell did I keep turning around and showing them!

This entry was posted in Random Tuesday Thoughts, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Random Tuesday Thoughts

Elle, I hope I didn’t offend you! Maybe you are just way younger than me and I was partying in bars while you were watching Kimba.

I hope you are feeling better soon. Could that be contributing to the headaches?

Stacy, after my first daughter was born, I became addicted to The Real World. It is great to watch when you have new mom brain and are living on 2 hours of sleep a week.

What do you expect for $8? You can’t have expected your seams to hold. What do you want for that kind of money?

2. Sarah says:

I so suck at Mario Cart but seem to find myself playing in for hours on end…when the kids are no where to be found! : )

Too bad about the $8 jeans. I once had a $150 pair of jeans rip in the knee the first day I bought them so they probably all come form the same sweat shop.

That doesnt make me feel any bettere though : )

3. Elle – sorry about Whackyrama Thyroiditis – my sister has the same issue and it drives her whacky… Hope you feel better soon! Like Anne said – wonder if that’s contributing to your headaches? We don’t have Mario Kart for Wii yet (not that the Princess Nagger hasn’t been nagging to to get it…heh, heh!) but in other video games she always needs ‘help’…then I end up playing a lot longer than I planned while she watches – because she insists…she gets upset when I don’t ‘help’ her and get sucked into her game of choice. (grin!) Being semi-rebellious in nature, I’d put scrap paper and an extra pen or two at my work station to flush out the pen nazi… 😉

Stacy – YES that commercial was funny the first time, and YES the song gets stuck in my head…especially since the Princess Nagger wants me to rewind and watch it over and over again… 😉 Funny that you kept accommodating the inquiries to show your ripped backside… 😉

Great randomness! Happy Tuesday! 🙂

4. LOL! Yes, that McDonalds fish commercial is always on my brain.

5. I was hoping on day Big Mouth Billy Bass would never be heard from again, now I will have that song in my head all day, Thanks.
    Elle, good luck with all the changes at work, I had instant vision of “Office Space” in my head as I was reading that :).

6. Keely says:

oh, dear, sorry about the Thyroiditis. My mom has that and has instilled the fear of Gawd into me about it, my whole life. Every time I’m kind of tired she yells, “get you thyroid checked!!”.

And 3 pens is ridiculous. I can’t even keep track of a whole box, they go missing within a week.

We could use some Stepford nice retail employees around here. All we have is self-entitled, sullen slackers.

7. Email me so we can link our Wii’s together and race with Mario Kart. I think I’m going to start a mario Kart section in my forum for everyone who wants to link Wii’s and we can have a huge mommy blog race for those who have their wii’s online. Wouldn’t that rock?!

Oh no, I never help my kids with video games. I’m far too busy, far, far, too busy to play a childish video games. I mean it, I’ve got stuff…to do…fer real.

Hope your whacky thyroid gets straightened out.

I would never go to a friendly grocery store, too much pressure. I prefer the anonymity of a larger franchise. Also, nice people frighten me.

Also I nearly peed my pants at Stacy’s jeans mishap. Lesson learned. Thanks.

9. K says:

I’m so with you on the real world thing. They all just annoy me now.

I think I’m getting old (but I still don’t know who the white lion is – I should probably find out.)

10. Shangrila says:

Elle-OMG, my kids love anime and I have to laugh every time I see the preview for Kimba, The Disney Rip-off! (Dear God, please don’t tell me it’s the other way around-lol!

11. Shangrila says:

Stacy-I am SO on the same page re: the “REAL WORLD” and really any reality show where the beautiful people with their whole lives ahead of them lay around moaning and wondering why the world that owes them something isn’t delivering on a silver platter. Puh-lease!

12. Mama Zen says:

My daughter loves to play the Wii . . . if by “play” you mean watch me do all of the work!

13. frogmama says:

Seriously? 3 pens per station??

14. Hey, sign me up for the pen nazi gig. That sounds like fun!

Sorry about the thyroid. Hope you get it straightened out soon.

15. I tried so hard to get everything unlocked for my son. He loved it, but he also loves just clicking random buttons when no one is watching. That was when he went ahead and deleted the player we set up to have everything unlocked on. He was sorry, so we did it again. And… Yup, he deleted it again. I no longer help unlock things on that game.

16. Casey says:

I’ve had thyroid wackiness and it’s not fun. Sorry to hear about it. My kids are too young to play video games yet but I’m sure we’ll be right there with you. WTH with the no scrap paper and three pens rule. I really miss Corporate America, except that I’m totally kidding. I can’t watch any of that teen-angst in adults reality tv anymore, it’s just annoying (and it makes me a teeny bit jealous that they have time to act like such asshats).

17. HA – that’s funny about work/pens… Some places ration paper now and only allow a certain amount of copies per day per person… some of the cutting back seems a little silly though.

Good post.