Aloha Friday ~ No Offense!

Friday is the day that Hawaiians take it easy and get ready for the weekend. So in that spirit we’re asking a simple question. Head on over to An Island Life for more Aloha Friday fun and to sign Mr. Linky if you’re playing.

Recently Stacy wrote a post about her son and his new thing, which was to say “No offense” before saying something offensive. To him it was a license to say whatever he wanted as long as he said “No offense” before it. So here’s our question,

If “No Offense” really worked, what would you say?

Also, to whom would you say it?

Elle

“No offense, but if I hear ‘I had to get up at the butt crack of dawn’ one more time, I will scream, maybe stamp my feet and give you an indian sunburn.”  to a former co-worker and anyone else who says this. WTH? Is it butt crack of dawn or Don, as in Don the plumber. What time is it when we see Don’s butt crack? Is it like when the groundhog sees his shadow? It’s the crack of dawn people! When the first ray of sunlight peeks over the horizon. Get it right!

Stacy

“No offense, but it is sooo nasty that you do NOT wash your hands when you are done in the bathroom!” to a few guys, one woman at work, and anyone else who feels the need to spread their nasty bathroom germs all over the place.  And by the way, just running them under water for a second doesn’t do a damn thing!  I sit near the bathroom at work, and I KNOW who is a handwasher and who isn’t, and if you are a non-handwasher, do NOT under any circumstances use my phone!  It’s like you took my phone and wiped, well you get the nasty picture!

This entry was posted in Aloha Friday and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Aloha Friday ~ No Offense!

1. No offense, if you are not going to be thorough with pediatric patients then do NOT allow them in your ER if you are going to do something stupid and let my sick child go home to have another seizure without doing any tests to find the cause of his fever.

Can you tell I am ready to call the hospital patient rep about this already?

2. Hmmm. . . . . No offense, but you need to relax and get a life and ENJOY your life instead of whining and complaining about everything! Let’s just say it’s a friend I know and leave it at that!

3. Jinxy says:

I used to work with a woman that used the term “balls to the walls” whenever she described being busy. I hate that term and wanted to tell her but I really liked her and didn’t want to hurt her.

4. jaime says:

No offense, but if you keep this up, you’ll have a lot more to worry about than whether you can make payroll at the end of the week… you’ll have no attorneys left.

5. No offense, but I really do think that the tween Dora is not as good as the old Dora. LOL!

I used to use that term a while ago, but then I figured, well, if I mean to offend someone, then I should have the guts to just come out and say it 🙂

Have a great weekend!

6. Louise says:

no offense but would you close your mouth while you chew it drives me nuts

7. pam says:

I would tell the ladies at the post office that their officious attitude is uncalled for and blown out of proportion. Come to think of it I have run into a few receptionists who come off the same why. I guess it is all about what they consider control.

8. Kari A. says:

No offense but your husband is a loser.

I am so afraid she might read this… so I can’t say whom I would be saying this to. I so wish I could tell her – she needs to find a “real” man.

9. Sues2u2 says:

Actually my “no offense” would be the same as Stacy & the whole washing your hands thing. Used to work in a hospital & man, that drives me nuts more than just about anything.

10. MamaJoss says:

“No offense, but seriously can you please go change your socks or cover up your feet or something” – me to my husband after he kicks off his dress-shoes after being in them for well-over 12 hours! GROSS. Hey – you asked….

11. kailani says:

To my husband – No offense but could you please help out with the girls more?

12. Michelle says:

Mine is a the same as Ollie McKay’s! I think we might have the same friend!