If it’s Tuesday this must be Random Tuesday Thoughts. It used to be brought to you by Keely at The Un-Mom but she’s taking a hiatus. Okay, it’s been a really long hiatus but Random Tuesdays still rock on with help from Stacy. (She was one of my really awesome roommates at Blogher. I know, how lucky am I??!)
Here are a few random observations from my Blogher 12 weekend.
1. My GPS seems to prefer sending me over treacherous mountain parkways. The bitch did the same thing on the way home. Grrr
2. If, for example, you cut in front of everyone in the cab line, you will forever be known as The Line Cutter and every single time we saw you we would all say Line Cutter to each other. It’s surprising how many times you bump into the same people with so many bloggers there. Bloggers have very good memories
3. I really don’t want to tweet a picture of myself with your t-shirt, book, giant rat, or banana man on the very slim chance I might win something. I’m not a trained monkey and don’t perform on command. I might just Tweet about your product because I like it not because you’re dangling a carrot in front of me.
4. In addition, don’t be pushy about me downloading your hot new app because you gave me a free Frisbie-like toy. Just because you gave me something doesn’t mean I owe you anything. Isn’t that what we teach our daughters? If I like what you have, then that’s a different story. I may blog about it without the enticement of free Frisbie-like toys.
5. Be careful who you pick as roommates. You won’t always be as fortunate as I was. I roomed with the very same Stacy who is our Random Tuesday host and she was awesome. Plus, Anne from Small Town Mommy and she was equally as awesome. Great roommates will make or break your Blogher experience. I swear the fact that Stacy makes her own wine had nothing to do with my decision!
6. It’s very disconcerting to see a woman in a fancy dress, high heels, and lots of makeup, spitting on the sidewalk, especially when she does it multiple times.
Blogher was crazy, congested, loud, and fun. Most of the sessions I went to were very helpful and I’m glad I went. I met some great women, made some good connections, learned some new things, and went to some awesome parties. Except for the line cutter and the spitter, my time was drama free. I’ve seen a few posts by some other attendees and they weren’t as lucky. But I avoid drama like the plague.
Don’t forget to join us for What The Hell Wednesday tomorrow!