Aloha Friday~Anniversary Edition

Friday is the day that Hawaiians take it easy and get ready for the weekend. So in that spirit we’re asking a simple question. Head on over to An Island Lifefor more Aloha Friday fun and to sign Mr. Linky if you’re playing.

This was supposed to be our Aloha Friday post from last Friday, May 29th, but we were a little busy getting ready for the big party, so here it is, a week late.

Today is our Parent’s 50th Wedding Anniversary!  Can you believe that???  50 years to the same person?  That’s 18,270 days, or 600 months, or 438290.639 hours being married to the same person!!  (in case you were wondering that).  So in honor of this landmark occasion, our question today is:

How long have you been married and how did you meet your spouse?

I met my husband on a blind date, and we have been married 13 years. (Stacy)

I met my husband when I was 16 and he was 20. We were both working part-time at a local grocery store. We’ve been married 25 years. (Elle)

This entry was posted in Aloha Friday, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Aloha Friday~Anniversary Edition

1. Erica says:

Me and my husband have been married 7 yrs. We met when I was 20 working at the BX of the Air Force Base he was stationed at. 🙂

2. Hooah!! This will age me ~ LOL! We have been married 31 years and I met my husband the summer before 9th grade when he came to our driveway to play basketball with all the neighborhood kids – they had just moved to our little town in Nebraska!! We dated off and on thru high school, but always remained best of friends. I got married in college, graduated and stayed married for only 3 yrs! Hubby was engaged to be married but called off his wedding and somehow we got together! (His mother still lives only 2 blocks away from my parents!) So Happy 50th to your parents! We did a video with tons of pictures and great music for our parents 50th!

3. Valerie says:

We dated for 5 years and have been married for 11 years. I met him through one of his friends’ wife. I had only known her a week or two but my daughter had went to school with her daughters and they “loved” my daughter. I had never heard of her daughters until we were invited over their house.

4. Denise says:

My hubby and I will be married 4 years in August. We met online in a yahoo group. Neither of us were looking to meet anyone or wanting to date. But we became fast friends, started dating and it all grew from there.

5. Sues2u2 says:

We’ve been married 18 yrs in Aug & we met @ an AF swimming pool. I was a lifeguard working my way through university & he was a nco in the AF.

6. Carol Olsen says:

We’ve been married 25 years (our anniversary is on the 17 of June, so we’re close to 26). He moved to my hometown when he was 18 to attend college. He drove past my house every day on the way to the school….I made an effort to figure out who he was and we first met through a mutual friend of ours. Our first date was at the lake!

7. pam says:

We are married 15 years in two weeks!! We met while working at the same company.

8. We have been married for 11 years. One of his coworkers which was a friend of mine introduced us.

9. My husband and I met working at Spencer Gifts. I was his boss, and I made him restock the lube. ;-D

We’ve been married for 13 years this fall.

10. Messy Mommy says:

Hubby and I will be married 5 years next month. We’ve been together for 8.5 though. I met him my junior year in high school, when I was dating his friend. 🙂 That didn’t work out and I started dating him a few months later.

11. Susan says:

10 years in Sept- and two friends hooked us up 🙂 Congrats to your mom and dad!

12. Becca says:

Awww I’m not married so I don’t have an answer.

13. Tara says:

We have been married 6 years come September. We met online in a chatroom he was in California and I lived in Iowa. God brought us a long way.. and made a whole lot possible 🙂

14. The Little Big Sister says:

You already know this, but….
    I met my husband right after my 19th Birthday when we were both interning at Disney World. We have been married for 5 years.

Congrats to your parents. What a milestone. My husband and I have been married for 14 years, together for 16. My oldest is almost 15…you do the math. 😉

16. My parents 50th will be coming up in 2011… 🙂

I met my hubby online 12 years ago – this August we’ll have been married for 6 years. 🙂

17. Leanne says:

We were sixteen years on Friday June 5th. We dated for 5 years before that. Yep, we’re old. And uh, we met at WORK. Yep, he’s 5 years older than me and I was fresh out of University…

My husband and I met at a trade show in Washington DC. We have been married 11 years.