Aloha Friday ~ Clean It or Buy A New One?

Friday is the day that Hawaiians take it easy and get ready for the weekend. So in that spirit we’re asking a simple question. Head on over to An Island Life for more Aloha Friday fun and to sign Mr. Linky if you’re playing.

Earlier this week I noticed that our shower curtain liner was getting pretty grody and made a mental note to buy a new one next time I was out. Before I had a chance, yesterday my husband came out and said “That shower curtain liner is getting gross can’t you clean it?” Which leads us to our question of the day?

Do you clean your shower curtain liner or just buy a new one?

I bought a new one of course. Stopped at the Christmas Tree Shop yesterday and came out with a new liner for $1.99. Don’t you just love a bargain?

Please take a moment and scroll down to our previous post. It’s a book review of an uplifting story of a little baby boy’s fight against brain and spinal cancer Hope Faith And Charlie. Thanks!

This entry was posted in Aloha Friday and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Aloha Friday ~ Clean It or Buy A New One?

I haven’t checked out shower curtain liner. Now I feel like I must. It seems that it probably isn’t worth the time it would take to clean it for $1.99. I can’t imagine it would clean easily.

2. I do both. I clean it…somewhat…and then replace it when it gets funky. Using white vinegar cleans it pretty well so it lasts a while.

3. Shelly says:

I clean the shower liner every time I clean the bathroom. If it gets really gross, then I will replace it.

4. Jennifer says:

I replace them. For $2, it is worth it!

5. Toni says:

just buy a new one lOL

6. I get the $5 ones at Walmart and just replace them. I’ve found that by getting the heavy duty ones they last a lot longer. I do rinse it down every time I get out of the shower too.

7. Michelle says:

Well we usually try to clean it. However it’s usually gone past the grody stage and washing doesn’t do much good. So we buy a new one.

8. pam says:

Like you, they are cheap and you can just buy a new one.

9. Raven says:

I just replace it. It’s worth the $2 to not have to clean it!!

10. Mika says:

Housekeeping is not my forte, and I figure I can spend my energy in many different ways than bothering to clean something so replaceable.

I have glass doors not curtains, what I wouldn’t give to just have something I can replace when it gets grody, keeping them clean sucks and they’re like from the 70s…lame.

12. blueviolet says:

I just buy a new one! They’re only a couple of bucks and it’s so not worth that to clean one.

13. Becca says:

Mine gets “cleaned” once in a while but I buy new ones once it gets bad. You can easily find them for under $5!

14. I buy a new one! It is worth the couple bucks to me!

15. kailani says:

I just buy a new one. It’s cheap and involves a lot less work. 🙂

16. Vicki says:

I buy a new one.
    You can get them for a dollar at the Dollar Tree!

17. noelle d says:

BUY a new one…
    I am Soooooo glad to see I am not the only one!

18. Smellyann says:

I usually clean them until they get too gross. You can throw them right in the washing machine! Not many people know that… yes, even those cheap plasticky liners can go in there! 😉

19. angie says:

I do clean it but after a while it just gets grungy and I go buy a new one

20. The Little Big Sister says:

I, like you, just buy a new one! I wonder where I got that from??? We do have one of those automatic shower cleaning things though that we run after a shower. Although for some reason (the cats) I usually end up replacing mine because it has tears in it before it gets to the really gross stage.